What data garrygilfoy.com collects and why
- APP: Every effort has been made to be compliant with the Australian Privacy Principles, Europe’s GDPR and California’s Consumer Privacy Act.
- Browser Cookies: If you leave a comment or a review on the site you can choose to have your name and e-mail address saved using a cookie so that you don’t have to enter your details again should you decide to leave another. These kinds of cookies are set to last for one year by default but you can delete some or all cookies from your computer anytime. Just look up the steps for clearing cookies specific to the browser and device you’re using.
- In some cases, for example, registering for one of Garry’s courses or workshops, for counselling or for an archetype profile session, you may need to create an account here at garrygilfoy.com and when you do, WordPress, the open source platform this site is built with, will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- Several cookies will be created when you login to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen option cookies last for a year. If you check the option to “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, those login cookies will be removed.
- You can install the Privacy Badger extension (a project of the non-profit Electronic Frontier Foundation) for most popular browsers to detect whether you’re being tracked.
- You can check the cookies that are being set by any website at cookieserve.com
- Contact forms: Any information you send in a contact form stays with Garry Gilfoy and isn’t shared.
- Copyright: As mentioned above, you will often find excerpts of material created by others at garrygilfoy.com. We religiously ask for permission in advance unless we believe the material to be ‘fair use’ (or, as it’s called in Australia, ‘fair dealing‘ or, if it has been identified as Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) by Creative Commons. If you, as a copyright holder, feel that we have infringed on your copyright please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove or modify the material in question.
- Subscribing to Garry Gilfoy e-mails: We use MailPoet (now a part of Automattic, the company behind WordPress and WooCommerce) as our e-mail solution because it’s open source and subscribes to what we think are reasonable and transparent privacy standards.
- Tracking: There is no Facebook, other advertising/social media tracking mechanism at garrygilfoy.com. The site is currently using Google Analytics but we’re planning to switch to Matomo Analytics, the open source, ethical alternative to Google Analytics that’s trusted by the United Nations, later on in 2021. Matomo Analytics collects and aggregates visitor data anonymously and that information stays here and is not shared with anyone.
[mailpoet tracking shortcode]
How long your data is retained
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. This site also securely stores any personal information you provide in your user profile. You can see, edit (anything except your username) and delete your personal information at any time. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have to your data
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request an export of your personal data. You can also request to have your personal data erased. This does not include any data we may be obliged to keep for administrative, legal or security purposes.
Where your data goes
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- PayPal is currently the secure processor for payments made for Garry’s book, The BIG Picture, Insights from the Spiritual World, courses or counselling purchased on this site.
- garrygilfoy.com is hosted by WP Hosting Australia which is 100% Australian owned and operated and based in Melbourne.
Changes to this policy will appear here and you can subscribe to Garry’s e-mails to receive privacy updates along with regular news about courses, workshops, counseling and Garry’s articles